[UPDATE: Video has been pulled from YouTube]Thanks to the availability of video recording devices in the hands of everyday citizens we get to witness some amazing feats that were only legendary stories before. Watch with amazement (understatement) of a man in
Smallville Uvalde, Texas armed only in white gloves attack the fire beast head-on with his trusty 1 3/4″ handline! Video after the jump
In all seriousness, what we find amazing is that this so-called ‘know it all’ told the ONLY guy wearing full protective clothing to get out of the way so he could fight the fire. SERIOUSLY?? Totally inexcusable. Brown smoke means it’s getting into the structural members sir – you can’t contain it from the outside.
The text on this YouTube video states it took over 2 hours to put out the fire. Not to Monday morning quarterback, but if this had been done properly it would have been much shorter.
- BELIEVE IT OR NOT: Super-Human Firefighters Attack Fire Without Protection!
- SHOT OF THE DAY: Firefighters Training On The Missile Destroyer USS Stockdale
- VIDEO: The Firefighter Quick Dress Drill, How Fast Are You?
- Feds Forcing Guam Fire Department To Use Scout Units As Front Line Apparatus
- Dallas Fire-Rescue Changes Website To Rainbows Over SideCharlie Blog Post